Recipe by David C.
1 LB COOKED TURKEY (OR CHICKEN) CUT INTO CUBES
1 C CARROTS- DICED SMALL
1C FROZEN PEAS
1/2C CUT UP CELERY
1/3 C BUTTER
1/3 C CUT UP ONIONS
1/3 C FLOUR
½ TSP SALT
¼ TSP PEPPER
¼ TSP CELERY SEEDS
2 C CHICKEN BROTH – YOU CAN USE MORE IF YOU WANT MORE GRAVY
1 UNBAKED PIE CRUST
1 PIE CRUST MADE OF BISCUIT FOR THE TOP
- Heat oven to 425’F or 220C
- Combine carrots, peas and celery in a pot with chicken broth
- Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are cooked but not mushy.
- Remove veggies with slotted spoon into a bowl but do not drain broth – you’ll need it
- In a saucepan cook onions in butter until translucent.
- Whisk in flour, celery seeds and salt and pepper
- Add reserved broth along with milk. Simmer until thick. – should be gravy-like
- Add vegetables and turkey to gravy and mix together.
- Pour into the pie shell and cover with biscuit crust – cut slots into top to let out steam.
- Bake for 35 mins or until the crust is golden.